Bit of Ivory

Bit of Ivory random header image

New developments

October 25th, 2006 · No Comments

With taking the lit GRE on December 5 (luckily they had space for me at the Salt Lake testing center, so I don’t have to drive to Cedar City) and continued writer’s block– December graduation is not happening. So I was aiming for April instead, until–

the graduate secretary sent an e-mail around listing the TA and RA opportunities for Winter semester and Spring and Summer terms. And I saw that there’s a TA position open for London Study Abroad this summer.


The stipend wouldn’t cover the program costs, so it’d still be $3000 to do it. But dude– I’d get to spend almost 2 months in London. The professor going from the English department is Dr. Mason, my Jane Austen teacher and one of my biggest supporters and mentors. There’s also a professor teaching British History, and if I got the job, I’d be TAing for both of them. I’d be leaving the end of June and coming back middle of August. Which would be tight if I’m starting a Ph.D program next fall (which I hope to). I’d also have to delay my graduation until August. It would also mean that it’d be more difficult to get a job between January and June. Which I desperately need to do, because I’m pretty darn broke.

It’d be crazy for me to do it. But I want to SO BAD.

Tags: Life · School

0 responses so far ↓

  • There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

Leave a Comment